twh - Having the right tools and the right parts to get the job done costs alot of money. I dont know alot about the part in question but for me to fully stock a truck and have at hand all the material to do a job no matter the time or place is worth something. Home Depot doesnt carry half of what I need......especially at 8pm at night on a Friday so the parts better be on the truck or the job isnt going to get completed. He needed the job done ASAP and that isnt the plumbers problem. The plumbing company took the time and expense to be prepared for the job plus they let him know before he paid what his costs where going to be.

The part in question supposedly costs $45 wholesale. Add tax, the fact that the plumber needs to warranty the part for a year, and the idea of delivering the part to his door the same day at 8pm on a Friday night, plus labor, and other costs. I could go on and on....

No one likes to pay unexpected bills but the fact is the writer needed the work performed ASAP and at an odd hour of the day. He didnt mention anything about the work not be done correctly or having any issues other than paying more than what he thought it should cost. He should do a little research before he complains next time.....or just wait until Monday to have the work performed during regular business hours.