So, there I was at 8 pm Friday, with no water in a house and out of town guests about to arrive for thr weekend.

So what do you do? Politely tell the pleasent plumbe to get lost and pay $179 for doing nothing? Feeling trapped, I signed the papers and let him go ahead and install what must have been a gold palted switch. Bottom line: After paying $382 ransom. we finally had water.

Spending a 1/2 hour driving out to the customer's home at 8:00pm on a friday night, spending an hour at the customer's home talking with the customer and diagnosing the problem, giving the customer a price for the repair and then another 1/2 hour driving back is considered doing nothing?

$179 is cheap for this service in my opinion.

How much do you suppose a doctor would charge you if you wanted him to come out to your home on a friday night at 8:00pm to diagnose an illness you had?

Would it be considered that he did nothing if he came out and made the diagnosis and found you needed surgery, gave you a price for the cost of the surgery and just because you felt it was to much you opted not to have it done?

The customer got their water service restored on a friday night at 8:00pm for $382. I would consider that a bargain.