http://www.eaton.com/ecm/idcplg?Idc...on=Primary&&dDocName=TB01900002E

I'm sorry Reno. "Amptector" was just the name of an older trip unit. Page 10 of this pdf shows an example of a breaker tester that I use. You plug it into 120VAC and the front or side of a breaker. It is not destructive at all because you use it to send signals to the trip unit. You can't trust your trip settings unless you verify them with something like this. The procedure is a little confusing at first but with practice, you could probably get through all the tests in under 15 minutes.

He didn't tell us the particulars of the suspect breaker but the one he wanted to use for his test doesn't seem to have any ground fault sensing. My gut is telling me that a 200A constant load on 1600 AT breaker is most likely tripping out on ground fault. That's why a good first step is to log all the settings and exercise them. Then, try easing out on the GF settings if necessary. But still, settings should checked at least every couple of years to avoid nuisance trips or a breaker that won't trip when it should.
Joe