I have a large breaker (1,600 amp, 600v) that is tripping intermitantly. This breaker has all of the usual electronic sensing. It's tripping every 18 - 140 hours. Power analyzer isn't picking up anything. Load is a constant 200 amps. I'm not sure if its the breaker or some type of ground fault. A replacement breaker is $10,000.
There is another panel nearby that I can use to temporarily re-feed the load with a smaller, spare, thermal magnetic breaker. The customer has some salvaged 4/4 type s/o cord on hand. To save them some money I'm thinking of using this to jumper over to the other panel approximately 20' away and see what happens. Both panels are in the same locked electrical room with access limited to qualified persons only.
Any thoughts on this? Also I'm thinking of using a separate 4/4 cord to feed each phase leg v.s. splitting them among all three cords i.e., all four wires in each cord will be connected in parallel to the same phase leg. Do you see any problems with doing this>