Originally Posted by LK
I see a real problem, when you say you have no or low overhead, then something is wrong with your operating practices, are you fully insured general libality, workers comp, and you must have a magic carpet, because our trucks equipped with tools and material are a killer expenese.

No kidding. I'm spending over $30K a month in just basic overhead and that's without keeping fat inventories like I used to. Insurance and gasoline are out of control all by themselves, not to mention multiple licenses, exorbitant permit fees, office utilities and rent. I'd love to have low or no overhead, but it's against the law to operate that way in these parts.

GC's make their money off of their subs and they will squeeze them as much as they can. It is a fact of life. If you don't nail them down from day one, you will always be a puppet on their string. If you are good and offer fair (realistic, not low) pricing, they will respect your position and work with you. They need you as much as you need them. The low ballers are the ones that thy love to jerk around because they already know that you are desperate to be selling work for less than market value.

Price= Market value, not what low or no overhead allows. When a GC sees prices that are too good to be true, sure they will take advantage since low prices are usually indicative of a low budget for legal representation.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."