Well, the question is moot now but...here goes a long ramble...

Turns out it is defiantly not on the power line it self. Couple days after my original post I had a chance to stop and think about the radio again. Didn't have 6 D batteries handy so I grabbed a 100' extension cord. Plugged into the same receptacle as my computer and took a walk. the reception on the radio cleared up about half way into the parking lot. So my computer radiates noise for about 50' - 60' from the actual tower. It is definitely the PC itself. Monitor, printer, ect makes no difference. Everything is good as far as the slot covers, grounding, ect.

In the mean time the boss is back in the country and was able to get AT&T to fix our DSL so I am streaming AM now and can once again work without having to listen to myself think.

What direction would I go if I wanted to squash this noise? I'm curious how you would go about preventing the PC from radiating such noise. I'll guess one option would be lining the tower in a material that blocks/absorbs the RF radiation. What other methods could I try?

And for those AM radio pundits in the crowd...I listen to Armstong and Getty in the mornings from 6 to 10. Some times I Listen to Clark Howard from 10 to 12. Other then that AM radio in my area drives me crazy. 12 to 6 is split between Dr Laura and Michale Savage they both grate on me a bit and I only listen if I'm really in the mood or my MP3 player is dead. Weekends are really hit or miss. Some good gardening shows occasionally and one tech show. I like click and Clack on NPR but that's only because I used to read their newspaper column as a kid. Happy now? I admit I'm a little off but FM radio just really pisses me off. If I want music I'll fire up my MP3 player and listen to what I want.

Thanks Guys the responses were great!

The more I work on the office side of the business the more I realize how good I had it in the field. So much easier running work and even easier being "just" an installer. I really long for the days of being an apprentice when everything was new and exciting. Such is life...grass being greener on the other side of the fence.haha

Last edited by Local; 07/16/08 12:30 AM.