Hey guys I'm just posting an update for anyone that's interested. (Bill or mod, if I'm not allowed to do this delete it.)

4 switches have been replaced, 3 were double-lugged on the hots, 1 was just old (1955 Leviton-Made in USA!) and didn't work. I only have 2 more "carpenter" (handyman works better) specials to inspect/replace.

3 old-don't hold receptacles have been replaced, 2 with the appropriate ungrounded models, 1 with a GFCI.

Five switches and recepts have had their counter-clockwise wires fixed.

Oh, and today while replacing a light switch (which I forgot to mark off the three cables to where they go...) I wound up ripping down a chandalier to fix a hot-neutral reversal. That mess took a good two hours to find/troubleshoot, after which I relaxed with a medium pizza and 2 liter of Pepsi from Parkway Pizza. smile

Tomorrow's agenda, blank off an old, now unused fireplace switch while looking for more double-lugs.

After that? Going to the township to pull a permit for a new bedroom wall A/C, new ceiling fan, and a garage rewire!

Oh, and what I said earlier about 14/2 on a 20amp circuit, that is confirmed. IT will be fixed, eventually, it's only item #4001 on a 4000 item list. wink

That's it it's nap time,
Happy Independence Day to everyone in the U.S,
Ian A.

Last edited by Theelectrikid; 07/04/07 12:37 AM.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?