Thanks, guys.

I've learned some of the business over the years and even have contacts in high places but that's not the same thing as getting a foot in the door and knowing where and when to show up. Even some of those contacts don't always pan out. A friend knows an important architect and even that doesn't guarantee steady work.

As for digging a ditch, I think I'll get to stop that about the time, I retire. Even then, probably not. My wife likes to garden.

Ito, is that list the one you posted in another thread? Including what it costs to provide prints to tech subs that may be pulling your voice/data?

Rabbit, I think blue book is a page I've been linked to through looking at Pogue. Their jobs are too big for me, right now, but I wanted a look at what's out there. I do know that medium builders like them will have their own insurance requirements exceeding the state. The company I was working for has a few schools going on and the required coverage exceeds $2 M. Of course, those are 80,000 sq ft and up, min 3,000 amp service, 1 year warranty, etc.

[This message has been edited by rws (edited 12-06-2006).]