http://www.isqft.com/

We had a local company that was like a bluebook company and distributed bid invitations and plans. They went out of biz and now we are dealing with isqft.........
It has been days of frustration trying to figure out their apparently new software system and Onscreen Takeoff.

Most of my project leads come from companies who I have built relationships with. No doubt about that but I am always looking for new companies to chase and open invitation bids are a good way to get there. Lets say I take the time to bid something and even run out a number that I know is high. I now have a name of an estimator and/or project manager at XYZ construction and I have something to call them about..... The project and my bid to them. We now have something in common. That can lead to me getting my foot in the door. After a few bids I can then say something like; "Hey, you know I have bid a few things to you and talked to you on the phone a few times but we have never met. How about I take you guy's out for lunch one of these day's."

My point is; It's a whole lot easier and more comfortable to use that kind of a stratagy to win the confidence of a G.C. that way than it is to stop by their office and drop off a couple of cards and a flyer.
Cold calls are one of the toughest things to do IMO.

Online bid invitations are here and here to stay. It is just much easier and cheaper to put documents out there and put the cost of printing or managing those documents on the subs. Rather than running off a bunch of copies for distribution.