The various moderators will also contact a poster directly, should thing start getting questionable. I have myself been asked to clarify, moderate, or edit some of my posts- and, in fairness, the advice was appropriate!

I too have been asked to edit my own posts on this and other forums, and I always have willingly complied.

These forums do not charge money and have rules we agree to when we join. That said IMO it goes without saying the people footing the bill for these forums have full rights to run them as they see fit.

(After all, even I have a rough day every now and then!)

It happens to all of us. [Linked Image]

It's not an easy job to do, discretion plays a HUGE part.
Please bear with us, we don't like deleting things, so please don't give us cause to have to.

I agree entirely.

I can't tell you how much it bothers me to delete or edit someone else's post. If editing needs to be done I ask the person to do it themselves as they can edit but keep the intent the same.

I am strongly against censorship, but there are rules here and they have served this forum well as long as I have been a member.

No profanity

No Flaming (That's fighting)

No talk about subjects that can not be resolved, Politics, Religion, Unions, Immigration etc.

wilkie I certainly hope you stick around but I doubt we are going to change what has worked well for quite a few years to suit you.

Bob (Happy Member, Reluctant Moderator)

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts