OK folks,
Here's what I reckon happened.
Mr and Mrs wanted a new kitchen or new house.
I spent a few nights at this place trying to work out what may have happened:
Sure, the jug turn itself off and the lady of the house did hear that happen.
I took the jug back to work to examine it and there was nothing wrong with the bi-metallic strip whatsoever.
{I will say for a start, that part of the jug was not destroyed}
Having been set upon a cheap counter top didn't help things, because Melamine will bubble and to a degree burn anything underneath it.
When I said that the place was reduced to ashes, sorry that is nothing but an over-statement on my part, one side of the kitchen was severely damaged, but due to the work of the Fire Crews, we get to see what really happened.
And this is where it takes a nasty turn.
Upon examining the jug at work, I noticed something wierd.
It was as if someone had jammed a screwdriver or a knife into the switch mechanism, to ensure that it never opened.
That was why I was asking guys, two dis-similar metals cannot buck the laws of physics, or chemistry for that matter.
Oh and by the way, there is no such thing as a Micro-temp in a kettle here these days.
We are already throwing out too many good appliances, just like one manufacturer to set his Micro-temps a bit lower.
Of course there is no real warranty these days is there.
Anyway, for Mr and Mrs the warranty of a few hours of community service and having your name ripped through the papers a few times is pretty much priceless. [Linked Image]
I personally have no sympathy at all.
Thanks for your comments guys, it really got my grey matter going!.