If by "asked to save power" you mean forced to take cold showers. [Linked Image] Thats a very good point Trumpy.

The South Island always showed better power saving stats than the north island on those news bulletins during the crisis. Maybe because we knew that our hot water was first for the chop! [Linked Image]

Oh well if one Mainlander has to take a cold shower on a frosty morning so that a Queen St. bank clerk can have a hot panini & latte ( decaf with skim-milk) at lunchtime then I guess thats just too bad.

I'm going to go outside for my nightly raindance now. My wife thought it was a bit weird but when I mentioned the cold showers she joined in with me, god bless her. [Linked Image]

P.S. Trumpy, apparently the south island companies have always paid for the HVDC link, its just that this year Transpower is trying to hike it 20%. Transpower calls this (wait for it....) "CHANGING THE PRICING METHODOLOGY". I just love corporate-speak.

Also we can't charge users north of the HVDC link more for power because the Electricity Commission says so. Thats our dumb-ass government for you.