My feeling is that one of the breakers may be faulty

Gideonr, my feeling says the same, but I yet have to find a logical explanation.

Djk, When I disconnected all the the circuits which are after the PoCos breaker, then the fault went away, so I dont think that its a fault by the PoCo.

Chipmunk, we are talking here about a appartment of a building, not a house. The PoCo breaker is in the cellar and the panel is 3 floors higher. So there is no mechanical influence (to PoCos breaker) when touching the breakers 3 floors higher.
The problem was only in one appartment. The other floor didnt encounter any faults. Concerning the loose neutral on the PoCos breaker, well ,that wasone of my first things to control, and since it's a recent built building, its very easy to see through the meter panel.

Lets put it this way :

Question 1:
How can a healthy monofase circuit fall from 230V to 0V (between phase and N) only when the Neutral of a load is connected (after that phase is already connected) and without tripping a 63A breaker?
Can a major fault be enough to bring down the voltage to 0v and not enough to trip the breaker?

Question 2:
How can a neutral have a 230V reading between neutral and earth only when connecting the Neutral (of the load)?

[This message has been edited by Belgian (edited 05-23-2005).]