I was under the exact same impression as you Trumpy. I thought the Regs had been superceded. Apparently not ! Someone from the Energy Safety Service told me last week that the old Regs HAD NOT been superceded but INTEGRATED.

We are now in a situation where we must reference the Regs, the AS3000, the companion standards to AS3000 and some of the old codes of practise, the Act, and any Bulletins the ESS publishes on specific issues. Joe Sparky is going to have to tow a mobile library behind his van to keep up.

Once again there are government officials drawing enormous salaries here and producing zero results. They won't accept responsibility for, and are too lazy to produce a single standardized document with clear rules and guidelines, a document where the buck stops and where the government takes responsibility for its regulations it forces us to uphold.

This situation is another example of government bludgers getting between Joe Sparky and his hard earned dollars and not really helping him.