PaulC,
If an Inspector can miss a tumble dryer and a oil heater in a bathroom, or see's them and can't put 2 and 2 together, it kind of makes wonder about the calibre of the Inspector. [Linked Image]
Aland,
Lots of electricians and contractors do reports and do not realy understand the implications of what they are signing.
Yes, I would agree with that statement in a split-second. [Linked Image]
The worst part of doing a report like this, is that something that you never checked (because it was hidden, or for some other reason), may cause a fault later on.
And with you being the last registered person to "work" in the house, you are immediately held responsible, because you signed the report.
With respect to reports, I've done a few of these and I use a heap of paper while doing the actual inspection.
Everything gets checked/tested when I do a report, I don't like the idea of having something I've missed, coming back to bite me in the b/side later down the track.
I even check the customers appliances.
Sure it may take me ages to do a said inspection and I tell my customers that and also the approximate cost, I've never had a complaint yet.
And yes, I also agree Alan, the final report should use as plainer English as possible, there is no point in writing a report that no one outside of the Trade, can understand.
Finally, while I've probably never made much money out of inspections/reports, I have made some really good customers for the company that I work for.