I've seen a few very strange versions of BS1363-compatible plugs attached to appliences sold here, particularly from China and other far eastern manufacturers.

No sheaths on pins
No fuse!
Plug body far too narrow.

Also many of the BS1363 adaptors sold online are leathal and not at in complience with the specs.

Most of the manufacturers obviously have no idea why the fuse is actually required and seem to think it's just some strange quirky UK safety obcession and thus don't bother including one.

Many of these adaptors also have unsheathed pins.

As for the plug-in xformers..

Why don't they contain a BS1362 fuse? I've never yet seen one that does including from reputable manufacturers like nokia, ericsson, sony etc..

Why do practically all of these plugs seem to think that the configuration for a BS1363 socket is with the earth pin on the bottom? With the exception of some of the mobile phone manufacturers all of these plugs have their lables on upside down and the cable exsits from the top when inserted into a UK/Irish socket!

Even worse, we have a few sockets fitted tight under kitchen cabinates and it's impossible to plug some xformers into them as the bulky bit is higher than the socket itself.

I've regularly seen diagrams of UK sockets with the ground pin on the bottom too.
and having a plug sitting like that does actually eventually cause cable damage.. as quite a few mobile phone adaptors have shown me [Linked Image]