> Belgian: When did you stop installing ungrounded sockets in Belgium?
I think it was in 1981 when there were major changes done in our code. Our code is called A.R.E.I. It stands for Algemeen Reglementatie van Electrische Installaties.

What do you do if you have to replace a broken ungrounded socket? Are ungrounded sockets available as replacements or do you simply put a grounded socket without ground wire?
Our code says that you are aloud to use and repair ungrounded sockets from older installations and therefore we can still buy them. It is also written thet it's a breach of the code if you replace a old ungrounded socket with a grounded one without pulling a ground wire.
[Linked Image from niko.be]

>Castorama also has something else that I have been thinking of asking about, namely single width, double pole circuit breakers....Does anybody know if these work with busbars? Or if they exist in a 4 pole version?

They are made by Legrand. We use them here when we need to add breakers in a "box" and there's no more space. Otherwise I don't find them good to work with, since the screws are very small and therefore can cause loose contacts.
There are special busbars for these models.
You mean single width 4 pole? No, it doesn't exist yet.

[This message has been edited by Belgian (edited 10-24-2002).]