Right.
I can only tell EVERYTHING that has to do with these old stuf has been entirely banned. (Plugs, fem. cord caps, receptacles, extension cords, 3way cube taps (Though this is probably due to the weak construction of these things, possibly resulting in bad connections leading to Arcs and thus fires, I'll try to postt pictures of the 2 main types of these adaptors),...)
What some ingenious DIYers do is break off some bakelite at the side of the plug and where the ground contacts of the receptacle are located. I've seen more than one plug where someone broke off too much and exposed the terminal screws inside.
If i do something like this (Sometimes inevitably for creating an adaptor or something like) I file the plug down until it fits on the sides and then I file oval shaped holes for the ground contacts. (Will try to post a pix of one of those modified plugs).
Something that is probably common all around the world is people using broken plugs. I've seen that today at school when a classmate of mine brought an extension cord from home. She didn't care the least that half of the plug cover was broken off.