Just the other day my Father was telling me about how things in the trade were, back in 1956-57 [8 years prior to me being hatched [Linked Image]].
Said that there was maybe only one wholesale house in So Cal. that would sell to the public. All others required the buyer to be a licensed sparky, or purchasing agent of licensed sparky firm [AKA Big Fault Electric, Inc.]. No home depots, lows, home clubs [remember these?]. Not sure what hardware stores carried.
Also said that a box of Romex was the same price as today. So figuring that $10 could keep you going all week in fuel, food, etc. that box of Romex must have been like GOLD!!! Probably like paying $500 per box today! [Linked Image]

The open market has kept some prices reasonable and opened doors for many small businesses - both in the trade and in the manufacturing of materials, and that's always good.

Too bad there's not more emphasis placed on DIY'er safety and training, than just on the end result of doing it yourself. That kind of gives a false impression to people about just how serious construction related work really is, and the fact that the bare bones codes of the NEC and UBC aren't just to make people have to fork out more cash, simply to satisfy an inspector! [who hasn't heard that one 1K times?].

Many DIY'ers are able to do good, safe, dependable work. Some aren't. All should have knowledge of the hows and whys regarding that particular installation.

The guy who wants to add French doors in an existing wall should know more than "it's simple to do" and "I want French Doors NOW!", less the house divided cannot stand [load bearing humor attempt].

So to sum it up, Yes, I believe that using Shampoo, Soap and water while in the shower, can and will definitely have good results, as compared to just standing near the shower, or running around inside the shower with no water on.
80% of the Scientists polled agree on this theory...

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!