First its pick-up trucks now its trunks.... [Linked Image] Kidding... Trunks are bad.

aphares, it seems the e-mail I sent has returned???

You might have missed it during the tangent Roger and I went on??? [Linked Image]

Anyway, in it I mentioned that your best bet would be to follow the lead and established example of the regulations for plumbers in your state. You have an established model law.... Why they have a state-wide license/journeyman registration and electricians don't is beyond me.... (Better lobbyists?)

aphares, I did some reasearch and it seems you have a simular law for plumbers state-wide in your state. And it may be your best bet. http://www.in.gov/pla/bandc/plumbing/

I think modeling any attempt you make after this set of regulations is your best option. And it will be all too easy to get this rolling with a few well placed letters to both sides of the political sides at play in these types of things. If you get them to work together from the start, your state will be much better off.

If say you got both the Union and Merit shop organizations together from the start (wouldn't that be nice) - they would be more than happy to take over control over entry to the trade through mandatory apprenticeship statewide. And I say from the start, because they have wasted serious amounts of time and money battling for control here - only to come together in the end. [Linked Image] The big part is what to do with everyone like yourself now - everyone has to come to the same standard. People who come in new, and people working now.

That, and with some well place re-edjucation from your consumer board to let people know about the law requiring electricians to be trained and registered with the state, and you might see a demand for more qualified people. Especially if there is a penalty for the consumer, EC or GC who hires the unlicensed or certified/registered. (Something I think is lacking in my own state is any penalty or enforcement.)

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason