Roger it was not as if I were legal, I was moving into my own home... Not doing any work... This woman sees any riff-raff (contractors) in the neighborhood and she does permit searches. (which are usualy two months out of date) She's just a bitter woman who hates her nieghbors and uses the DBI as a weapon of choice. Shes one of the design nazis of the local neighborhood association who are out to thwart any construction or modification of anything in our neighborhood. The same woman trims her hedges once a year by force of neighbor intervention. Shes opposed to any contracting legal or otherwise.

Reno back on topic - I have not heard of any study that backs up any benifit of CEU's, Certification, or Licensing of workers. (Licensing of contractors is definately a beinfit)
Absent the results, such a requirement is nothing but an additional burden on the law-abiding... and a gravy train for seminar factories!
I agree! One thing that can be said is that there are people making money through testing and CEU's. Whatever effect they have is debatable. Like I said at the begining of this thread, it is a novel idea. Although 32 hours are required in my state I'm yet to do any. (Nothing solid on what is approved or not yet) But I don't think it will have any dramatic effect.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 09-18-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason