ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 454 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Would a 3ø connection be more efficient than single phase?
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/methodsdescript.html and scroll down to: "Electrocution."

Can't prove it, but in some states the switch operator is supposed to be a card-carrying electrician.

P
pauluk Offline OP
NJ,

It wasn't my intention to get into a debate on the pros & cons of capital punishment as such; sorry if I gave that impression and I agree that this isn't the place for such a discussion.

I was looking at it purely from the angle of getting anyone's thoughts on whether electrocution is a quick and humane method, bearing in mind that many of us here probably have taken a jolt or two in our time, albeit not at 2kV head to ankle.
I guess we'll just never know for sure.

Bjarney,
Interesting on that requirement. So what happens in those states where they have three buttons pressed simultaneously so nobody knows who initiated the fatal jolt? Three qualified electricians for the job, or is the sparky just required to make the connections, be in charge of the safety disconnect, etc.?

B
Paul, I'm not sure I have a good answer. To complicate matters, I wonder if "chair" facilties need a lockout/tagout program?

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 05-06-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard