ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 175 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#93858 07/06/05 10:55 PM
Cat Servant
Welcome to ECN, BB....I hope you will like it here.

Joe showed a great deal of courage- and honesty- in asking for our opinions. In short, he was saying he "felt," but didn't "know" for sure, and wanted to see if his instincts were correct. And he did so under a real name- he could have called himself "Inspection Guru" had he so desired.

You will find that this is a well-mannered forum, with no flaming or name-calling....though we sometimes have some strongly held differences of opinion!

Some of us have been in the trade since the two-prong plug was standard....and we still learn new things regularily. Welcome again!

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#93859 07/07/05 06:19 PM
B
Thank you reno, and you are right and I appoligize for my outbrust. Phil Bruce is the name and to Joe I'm sorry.
It just rubs me the wrong way when inspectors make a comment that "his name was on the permit so he's responsible". I'm sure ECN site is full of inspector stories. I just wish more of them would work with the contractor.
We've had houses fail inspections because the painter took the plates off to touch up around the receptacles on the kitchen counter andwhen I called to find out why his response was that "all the device plates have to be installed to get a final". He said he saw the plates laying on the counter but they needed to be installed. That's the kind of thing that I just don't get. Know one uses common sense any more and I'm just as guilty at times.

By the way I really do like the forum I'll make sure to bite my tongue in the future.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard