ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 274 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#67865 07/25/06 10:17 PM
H
...carelessly grabbed the door, shocking Doofy and causing a fault current back to his panel which he had installed without main breaker protection. So the fault caused a major blackout in Queens, New York. When the authorities came looking to see what caused this blackout, they found Doofy still hanging on to the refrig door and they said...

#67866 07/26/06 05:12 AM
G
-wow, I've seen a thing like this some time ago, when my cousin...

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#67867 07/26/06 12:57 PM
E
tried to make an electric fence with 120 VAC and shocked himself.
Then the authorities smelled ionized air and burning plastic, and looked up at the ceiling where the noise was coming from and saw...

#67868 07/26/06 02:20 PM
togol Offline OP
dcolores9.....( Doofys twin brother BTW )
....peeking out from the ceiling, his face blackened with soot from the spectacular failure of a multi-tap light fixture Doofy had assembled earlier.
One of the para-medics now on the scene had aTaserĀ® and was planning to use it because he thought dcolores9 was a racoon.
suddenly and without warning Doofy was coming out of his stupor and began to mumble .........

[This message has been edited by togol (edited 07-26-2006).]

Tom
#67869 07/27/06 12:12 AM
...suddenly and without warning Doofy was coming out of his stupor and began to mumble .........

..."Where is my Ronco reversible, ratcheting, oscillating, combination light bulb remover and fluorescent tube straightener,..I left it on TOP of the ladder,..anyone see it??" Doofy mumbled almost to himself..
...and at that precise moment, friends,..one by one, the remaining HID fixtures went SUPER-NOVA and exploded, sending a torrent of hot, molten glass and quartz shards actually melting THROUGH the protective plastic lamp shield and onto the throng of "lookie-lou's" below, who had gathered to marvel at the spectacle that was Doofy's lightshow...

...He stood there,..mouth agape, wondering what could've possibly gone so awry.."Could it have been the wire nuts I found in the cellar?"..he quizzed himself..."Nah,..couldn't be,.." he said reassuringly to himself..."Oh well, time to go home".. and with that, he happily left the scene of chaos, mayhem, and destruction to go home, rest,..and return the next morning to start another day..

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 07-27-2006).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#67870 07/27/06 02:25 AM
..after admiring his latest project in the basement of his surburban home, the bathroom (but is it really a bathroom with no sink? [Linked Image] ) with the PVC water heater pipes and the recycled Federal Pacific panel, complete with a water-cooled spare circuit breaker.

Doofy is a big fan of cartridge fuse holders, as they remind him of the days of his youth, where he and his dad would.....

edited for spellins [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 07-27-2006).]

Stupid should be painful.
#67871 07/27/06 10:03 AM
G
...Knock-knock!

Someone's at the door. The memories of tzhe good old days were spinning in his head while he opened the door and saw two rather angry policemen staring at him.
Wondered why, then he slowly realized that something bad should have happened that day, but he couldn't really see what is the point.
The policemen in fact has been running after him all the way, jumping after him from tram to bus, and running across thousand streets trying to catch him and get the data. All they wanted is to finish for today, get this guy in prison, writing reports, and go home, to watch NFL. Now this guy stands here with the face that they'd probably like to smash like a pie, seem to fail to understand the meaning of their presence.
He asked...

#67872 07/27/06 11:41 AM
E
Are you here about the concealed plumbing fittings? 'Cause I didn't know they had to be accesssible until the guys on the forum told me. Honest!!!

#67873 07/27/06 05:12 PM
"Some folks here are putting it about that I'm incompetant!" he spluttered. "Well that's a lie! I got my comp insurance policy right here!"
[Fumbles in pocket, profers crumpled warranty certificate for 'Hoo Flung Dung Electric Works Inc. Shanghai. Chinese Megger, (written in every known language except American), $9.99 at Wall Mart].
Suddenly, it went dark!
"Hey!", said Doofy, "who turned the lights out?!"
With his nightstick extended, Officer Grimshaw slowly lifted the rim of the aluminum reflector that had dropped with a satisfying "Plop!" from the roofspace onto Doofy's head.
"Funny you should ask that," said Officer Grimshaw, allowing himself a small, wry smile. "We were about to ask you the same question! Now...."

Wood work but can't!
#67874 07/28/06 11:07 AM
G
...grab your things and come with us.
As they arrived to the station, they put him in the cell, and went to write the report.
He sat there still mumbling something about somebody badgering his reflector. He looked up and saw a cable coming out of a woodden box near the roof on the wall. It had a strange buzzing noise coming out. He had to ...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard