ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#50917 04/15/05 07:28 PM
L
LK Offline
Homes and business, with protection, take hits, it's like a rat, will find a way in.

What we have done for our customers, works the best, we sell them, surge supressors with the damage insurance, two of our customers, have received payment for all connected equipment, and they call us, and let us know how pleased they were, one of the homes, had a surge supressors at the panel, which was installed by the contractor that upgraded his panel, he said "why din't he tell me about the surge supressors with insurance", customers like to be advised of options, for protection.

#50918 04/15/05 07:34 PM
R
had my chimney hit by lighting and wouldn't have known it if we hadn't some work to do on the roof, it fried the antena soon as i saw the concrete pieces all over the roof i knew what had happend. the cement cap that sealed the blocks and tile flue was busted and the chimney was cracked in different places, concrete will blow up when hit or a torch put on it.
I called the insurance co and they sent out an adjuster with an attitude. He said that he never heard of such a thing, i hadn't either except for a school that had to have all the chimneys replaced from a lighting strike.
the adjuster looked and still didn't believe it until he found a 10 hole in the tile that ran from the chimney to the flue pipe, i didn't even see that myself. he even gave me his flash lite to look at it.
had a new chimney built.

[This message has been edited by Roxie (edited 04-15-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard