ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by HotLine1 - 05/14/24 03:41 PM
Electricians revenge
by gfretwell - 05/09/24 08:24 PM
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 183 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#43193 10/09/04 08:25 AM
G
Prayers for your son and family Bren.

Russell

#43194 10/09/04 09:54 AM
B
Thank you all, each of you, for your words of encouragement and your prayer time.

Charlie, I appreciate your post as I can't imagine facing the harsh realities you and your wife may be facing.

I mentioned to our pastor that I am "eternally optimistic" in both the figurative and the literal sense. I'm optimistic that Cody will do well and be cured in the immediate sense but I'm also optimistic in his eternal future as well just as I am with my other kiddos. As many know, I lost an infant daughter to a chromosome abnormality (similar to Down's Syndrome but fatal) and took great comfort after her death as each season and holiday approached that she was safe and enjoying eternity in God's kingdom and she surely understood more than even I did about the holy and joyful meanings behind the holiday celebrations like Easter and Christmas from her firsthand view.

Believe me, if it were solely up to me to carry this burden I would've fallen down and not gotten up a long time ago so I know to give it to God and not lean on my own understanding or strength! Cody's in good hands, that's for certain! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by BuggabooBren (edited 10-09-2004).]

#43195 10/09/04 03:26 PM
P
Bren,

So sorry to hear about this, but keeping an optimistic outlook is half the battle, and you seem to be doing well on that count.

Some years ago the 11-year-old daughter of some friends of the family was diagnosed with a form of leukemia, and for a while it seemed very touch-and-go as she underwent treatment and continual flushing of the bloodstream. She pulled through with flying colors, and the last time I saw her before I moved away from the area she was a happy, healthy 16-year-old girl who wanted to go into nursing.

God bless.

#43196 10/09/04 05:11 PM
R
Charlie, you and your's have been added to the prayer list. I lost a sister inlaw to ovarian cancer when she was just 35, I know that there will be a time when all forms of cancer will be beaten, It just can't come fast enough.

Roger

#43197 10/09/04 05:55 PM
Thanks Roger but it was not my intention to draw any attention away from Cody and Bren, this is their thread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy

Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis Utility Power Guy
#43198 10/09/04 11:53 PM
B
Not to worry from this end, Charlie. There's plenty of encouragement and prayer support for all. Cody's much more comfortable being in a friendly crowd rather than having the limelight solely on him. My prayers include my online acquaintances, too.

#43199 10/10/04 07:46 AM
G
You guys are amazing! I wish I had friends like you all! [Linked Image]))

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#43200 10/10/04 08:04 AM
Gloria, yo do. [Linked Image]

Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis Utility Power Guy
#43201 10/10/04 04:41 PM
G
Thank you!
[Linked Image]
I'm religious, but I keep all these things inside, so I couldn't say "I add someone to my list" I guess my life gives enough attention to someone above there, but this is not about me. I pray inside verery day and night, awake or sleep, all my thoughts are my friends here, my relatives, my close relatives, especially when I see how people behave with their close relatives, looks like they are bored of them or something, until something bad happens.
I'm glad to have a place like this that I can always turn to for a little hope, but I guess I deserve no more than I have.
Maybe a man, who now I love very much will someday feel bored of me, I hope he will not, but this time I ask you to pray for yourselves not to loose your interest and love for your relatives in your life!
Apathy kills! Be good to each other! It is easy and makes you feel good!
[Linked Image]

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#43202 10/11/04 10:54 PM
P
I thought I was having a bad month until I read your post. Give Cody a giant hug for all of us. I'm gonna go upstairs and cuddle with my 19 month old son for a while. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Pat

Power to the people
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard