ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 386 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
CJS Offline OP
Things are pretty good here in North Carolina. I first started in this trade up in the Boston area and first passed my journeyman's exam in 1986.

I'v moved to NC since, and this exam was extremely difficult compared to any other I had every taken. But classifications are much different here than in and around Boston. I had to PROVE 9 years of experience (4 secondary & 5 primary) just to take the Unlimited exam! And it was INSANELY difficult! It has a 92% failure rate for 1st time applicants.

Anyway, I have been self-employed now for about 5 years and things are going pretty well.....
How are things in your neck of the woods and what type of work do you mainly go after?

CJS

D
I'm having my best year ever thanks to a local commercial job. Aside from that work, the business I built is "residential after the builder", which has been average...much, much better than about 12-18 months ago when my phone died for about 6 months. It was a bad time for a lot of businesses, and many went out of business.

I've had my own business for 20 years, and started this electrical business 10 years ago. The electricians exam here was really a little too easy, though it was a scary moment when I was told I couldn't take the test again for a year if I failed it.

Dave

C
CJS Offline OP
Where do you live/work?

D
Crystal Lake, Illinois

Link Copied to Clipboard