ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 268 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DougW Offline OP
Just got this in my e-mail. Figured I'd share with the crew.

To all Milwaukee Heavy Duty Club Members:

We have great news to share!

Milwaukee Electric Tool is being acquired by Techtronic Industries Co. Ltd. (TTI), the world's fastest growing power tool manufacturer.

Although you may not have heard about TTI, you're probably familiar with some of the brand name products owned by TTI, like Ryobi power tools, Homelite outdoor power equipment and Royal and Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners and floor care appliances.

Joining forces with TTI will allow us to share TTI's research and development facilities. That means we'll have even more engineering and manufacturing expertise to draw on in order to produce the innovative products that you've come to expect from Milwaukee.

We currently employ more than 2,000 people and have four manufacturing plants in Wisconsin, Mississippi and Arkansas, making Milwaukee the only power tool manufacturer with the majority of its tool production in the U.S. Our team will now join forces with TTI North America, which employs 1,800 people in Ohio and South Carolina.

Our products will continue to carry the familiar Milwaukee brand and you'll be able to buy the tools and accessories you need from your favorite retailer or distributor.

At Milwaukee, we're proud of our 80 years of dedicated service to professional power tool users. The product and service levels that you've come to expect from Milwaukee will be the same - if not better - in the years ahead. As we begin this next chapter, we thank you for your continued support and invite you to keep sending us ideas on how to make Milwaukee power tools and accessories even better.

We fully expect to become a stronger company as a result of this acquisition. This should translate into even more high-quality, innovative power tool and accessory systems from Milwaukee.

Thank you for owning and using Milwaukee Electric power tools.

Sincerely,

Dan Perry, President
Milwaukee Electric Tool

Edited to clean up format.

[This message has been edited by DougW (edited 09-09-2004).]

C
Hmmmm...hard to say, but I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more Milwaukee products made in China now, if Ryobi is any indication.

But, I won't be slamming China anymore. I'm sure as the years go by, the quality of Chinese made products will certainly improve.

If I remember right, Milwaukee was formely owned by Atlas Copco, a German company.

Peter

Peter
E
Dear TTI company,

Congradulations on your new purchase.
I as the product user have only one request:Please do not sacrafice quality for economy. What i am trying to say is do not make a cheaper product by cutting quality in order to make more money by spending less.

If you are planning to do anyhting make it better,stronger and more reliable.

Regards,
Edward

Just my 2 cents

Thanks
Edward
W
I use Milwaukee tools everyday and I see Ryobi crap in the future. Bad news

L
A reduction in quality seems to be a standard in cases such as this. I am very sad to see Milwaukee join forces with Ryobi. Even for the price I am not at all impressed with the capabilities or durability of Ryobi tools. I have been very happy with Milwaukee, if you don't count those stupid 18V flashlights burning themselves up. I hope I'm wrong about this one.

E
e57 Offline
Maybe some day the will be no brand name, just the company that owns everything, that everyone works for. You buy just a "car", or various "tools" from the "company".

Scary huh?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
N
Atlas-Copco I believe is Swedish,got the same Email a few days ago. With Porter-Cable/Delta going to Dewalt there will be fewer and fewer choices for the consumer.

P.S. I have heard that Ryobi manuf. Craftsman power tools.

R
The trouble with Milwaukee is their quick disconnect on the handle. Completely worthless. If they're so great, why aren't they on the Hole Hawg? I grew up using Milwaukee tools, as my dad is a plumbing and firesprinkler contrator. Now that I have my electrical contractor's license, I need to buy a sawzall. However, I won't buy a Milwaukee Sawzall just because of the worthless quick disconnect cord. Any suggestions on a quality corded sawzall?

I
Welcome to ECN royta. [Linked Image]

I want to ask what is the problem with the disconnectable cords?

In the tool inventory we probably have more than 100 Milwaukee tools with the quick disconnects and every job gets spare cords for replacement use.

The company safety policy will not allow us to use a tool with any damage and we can not put on replacement cord caps. The quick disconnects save us from sending the tool to a repair facility.

The company has been switching to DeWalts so we will be stuck with sending them in for repair.

This may be for the best now that Milwaukee will now be Milwaukeeobi. [Linked Image]

With this merger Ryobi tools will get not better, Milwaukee will become junk. [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
B
I am sorry to say I agree with you Bob. When Daimler and Chrysler merged we hoped for better Chryslers, instead we got lower quality Benzes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard