I am a fairly experienced do-it-yourselfer who can't tackle a recent electrical problem in my 7 yr. old house. 2 GFCI outlets (one in each bathroom) have tripped and will not work. I don't know when they tripped and why (I just came home one day and both didn't work). I checked their wiring and replaced both outlets but the problem is still there.
I went into the attic where the wires are and noticed an attic exhaust fan 'patched' into the circuit between the two outlets. It's attached through a plastic junction box. I checked all that wiring as well and everything seems OK. To isole the problem, I removed the fan from the circuit and reconnecetd the wires in the junction box... and both GFCI outlets still don't work.
I need help! (also, should I permanently remove the fan from that circuit and run a new one to the circuit breaker panel?)