ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Trumpy,

I don't know what they could do to him, but it would be nice if more people got the idea that this sort of thing is a crime.

Given the widespread effects something like this has shouldn't he be tried in some type of International court?

Bill

Bill
S
Bill,

I don't think the USA would give him up to an international court. Don't even think the USA recognizes it either....

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 08-30-2003).]

I just hope that whatever court this guy is tried in, that it is a fair trial, but also
that the extent of the damage that a person like this can cause, is taken into account!.
I thought that the jurisdiction came from the place where the offence took place?, regardless of how far flung the results were?. [Linked Image]

P
I wouldn't press too hard for any sort of International Court of "Justice" trial. The ICJ is quite well-known for being rather more liberal than any American court would likely be. Besides, I don't think that constitutionally the ICJ has any jurisdiction over America whatsoever, unless Congress or the U.S. Courts agree to their decision.

Researchers also discovered another message hidden inside the infection that appeared to taunt Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates: "billy gates why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software!"
The way this guy went about delivering this message was bad, but the point is well taken.

IMO, there's no way that he can make monetary retribution for what he has done and I doubt that the legal process he goes through will do much to deter others that might want to follow in his footsteps.

I think too many people end up somehow admiring the intellect necessary to pull off something like this and don't focus on the real facts and consequences of his actions.

Bill

Bill
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard