ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
well i mighty well join in too.i went with the wife for a bone marrow
transplant for her brother in durham n.c.big hospital duke university. what might ya know.serivce man checking out backup genny, what do i do, go look & talk & check over generator. went by huge sub station,what do i do take pics.go to motel & ask to see the switch gear room. by this time the wife is ready to wring my neck. so i leave & go to the mall.whatda i do, go check out the meters & some tacky wiring.:eek [Linked Image]h well, thats not all, call the local electrical comp. ask if they have any old a base meters for sale, nope. but tell which scrap dealer to check,wife says "no way." [Linked Image] even took my camcorder to my local hydro plants to take pics of some 1940's generators. the wiring looks like some thats been posted. [Linked Image]but still in use.as a matter of a fact stop at every old substation i see. [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by circuit man (edited 08-11-2003).]

S
maybe we just get too many of these?
[Linked Image from beepollen.com]

T
I wonder if any of us are on some list somewhere for taking all of these pictures, with all of the new Homeland Security endeavors...

OK,

I understand it's therapeutic to talk about these things, so here goes ... [Linked Image]

This is 4th of July weekend at a popular Timeshare Resort in the Pocanos (Penn.).

These and a few others like them found their way onto my camera even before the car was unpacked. >> My Holiday

What's a guy to do?
I was just walkin' up to the place ...

[Linked Image]
Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited 08-11-2003).]

Bill
B
sparky — I gotta back up a couple of frames. Are electrolytes sort of 'mix your own' gatorade?

P
Whenever I'm in someone's house, be it good friends or someone I barely know, if I see the typical selection of beat-up appliance cords, cracked plugs, and cord caps where the outer sheath isn't gripped properly, I always find myself saying something like "You really should get this fixed!"

I suppose some people find that rather strange. ECN members will consider it perfectly normal behavior, of course! [Linked Image]

P
Try working on traffic lights. I can't drive anywhere on the weekends where I don't feel like I'm at work. Even if I get out of town I count the yellow gap and all red time on other localities lights just to compare

Funny you mention that.... First time I came to the U.S. I ended up starting a traffic lights quite a lot, and timing the yellow phase, which in most places seems to be rather longer than in the U.K.

Take a look here , and you'll probably end up mentally running through the wiring possibilities for the different arrangements! [Linked Image]

B
Thanks Paul, that was a very interesting link.

"Homeland Security"
I got some very suspicious looks while taking pictures of the KFI radio tower shortly after 9/11. Didn't think about it at the time.
If you send some of those pictures you're taking to Bill at Photos@electrical-contractor.net he can post them in the Photos for Discussion area. This might help alleviate some of our group agony...S [Linked Image]
(Electricians unAnonymous)

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-12-2003).]

M
I work in a local utility durring the day repairing and rebuilding distrubution equipment. Every time we pull through the drive-through of a fast food restaraunt my kids can expect me to say something like "Hey kids, I fix that stuff!!? as we pass the padmounted transformer. Or pass a substation, Pole mounted switches, regulators, reclosers, etc. They really get bored when I point out the different voltages on the pole. THERE IS NO CURE!

Blessings, Mark

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard