ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 466 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#25646 09/27/03 02:18 AM
S
Ooooh OOOOHHH!! Miss-ter Kahhtt-turrrrrr!!!

[Linked Image]

I only watched on episode of that thing...and that's all I can remember!!!

RE: Keeping up appearances. I wonder if there's a lost episode somewhere where Richard looses his cool and snaps back at "The Bucket Lady"

'Course that would have destroyed the major running gag in that show.

Now if I can only find me a car like the one Onslow drives.....

#25647 09/27/03 02:36 AM
Sven,
It's a Ford Cortina, if my memory serves me correctly!. [Linked Image]

#25648 09/27/03 08:11 AM
P
It is indeed a Ford Cortina , but one of the rather boring later Mk. IV or Mk. V versions. (I much prefer older cars, if you hadn't guessed! [Linked Image]).

http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/kua/index.html

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 09-27-2003).]

#25649 09/27/03 12:11 PM
S
How can you all talk about British shows and not mention Yes Prime Minister, and also Yes Minister. Anytime I see them in the store I have to buy them. Of course I don't get all the inside jokes, but it is still hillarious.

Does anyone remember the Goodies? I know that I loved that show many years ago. Unfotunately the only that I can remeber now is when the British government builds a high rise downtown. Then they figure out that they can't afford it so to keep it from turning into a slum they encase it in concrete. Of course the Goodies are trapped inside.

Scott

#25650 09/27/03 01:21 PM
W
A friend of mine, back in 7th or 8rh grade, father had a Ford Cortina station wagon. Would have been early 70s. His father went away and John(my friend) drove it around in the driveway, went off the driveway and got it stuck [Linked Image], we had to get a wrecker to get it out. Washed it up and his father never said a word. Knowing what I know now his dad probably knew even though we thought we got away with something [Linked Image].

#25651 09/27/03 04:35 PM
Yeah Scott! [Linked Image],
I remember the Goodies.
It was a rather off-beat sort of show, but good to watch all the same.

#25652 09/27/03 07:09 PM
P
How can you all talk about British shows and not mention Yes Prime Minister, and also Yes Minister.
[Linked Image from cultv.co.uk]
They were excellent series indeed. I can appreciate them even more now that I'm a little older and a little more cynical about government.... [Linked Image]

Here's a link with the episode lists for you: http://www.britishcomedy.org.uk/comedy/minister.htm

The Goodies:
[Linked Image from bbc.co.uk]
Completely mad-cap, I used to see the show when I was young, but I don't recall that much in the way of stories now. I remember the giant kitten in the opening titles in one series!
http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/goodies/index.html http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1970/goodies.shtml

#25653 09/27/03 07:31 PM
C
On "jumping the shark":
IMO, it has just become to mean the point at which a program goes downhill, regardless of
how and why Happy Days performed the act.

On Happy Days:
Yes they did show lay seventies. Some of their background music was distinctly 1970s
funk based you also heard on contemporary set series.

On British TV comedies:
I used to watch one called Allo Allo (I think that was it's name), it was about the goings on at a Sally-Anne place. Seen all the Beans. Las I seen MPFC on US TV was on A&E (cable channel). It was also on the Canadian comedy channel.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard