ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
"but has anyone ever tried Electronic Drums?"
When I first started to play and took lessons, my teacher had an electronic set. It felt okay but still nothing like the real thing. Granted, this was about 14 years ago so, I don't know the newer electro-sets may feel better now. It was cool that you could adjust the pitch, timber and sustain by twisting a knob. Much easier than having to tighten and loosen all the lugs and still then, only have comparitivly limited control of the sound.

(BTW, I can buy 2 complete sets of premium strings and a soda for the price of your one low B)
Look, there's just no need to be like that!. [Linked Image]
I do a lot of what you would call "Talent-Quest" band-work, now for some wierd reason, most music these days requires a 5-string bass.
I've only ever used the lower register of my basses, 4-string or other-wise, that's what a Bass is for!.
If there is anything too difficult, I'll just swap over back onto Drums with my friend Stacey.
If I can't play it, she can!. [Linked Image]

BTW Scott (Electure),
Absolutely beautiful guitars, mate!.
I personally like the Telecaster, if there was an option, I'd have a Les Paul!. [Linked Image]

M
...a Fender P-Bass

OK Scott,
Here it is, just before I cleaned the cymbals.
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 09-25-2005).]

By the way that pic was taken out out at my mates place.
From the pic:
Clockwise {Cymbals}: 14" Hi-Hat, 15" Thin Crash, 17" Crash, 19" Crash/Ride, 22" Heavy Ride, 20" Crash.
{Drums}: 13 x 7" Double Snare Drum, 14 x 6" single Snare Drum, 10" Tom, 14" Tom, 18" Tom
22" Bass Drum and one pedal.
Below, 16" Tom.

I
Here are some of my guitars before I head onstage.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Yeah....right, only in my dreams. [Linked Image]

I tried to learn how to play an instrument.

It was painful for anyone within earshot.

BTW Those are Zak Wilde's guitars.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
... Here's my rack,...the bottom one is a Korg SG1D 88-key weighted key sampling grand piano,(circa 1988),..the middle one is my dinosaur of the bunch,a Korg DW-8000 poly-synthesizer,(circa 1984),and the top is my fave of the bunch,an old Roland D-50,(circa 1990).I also have a Hammond C3 organ with full size Leslie cabinet,..not at home tho'..(no room).. and all this was pumped through a Peavey 4-channel amp head to an Electro-voice woofer/mid,and tweeter cabinet..They're all gathering dust now,cuz I'm no longer playing in a band,(no time),..but they are part of the family,so I'll hold on to 'em... Nice pics,you guys,..do you all still play?? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i4.photobucket.com]

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 09-25-2005).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
I currently have in storage an old Hammond BCV tonewheel organ, awaiting restoration. It is fully functional whit the exception of the chorus generator, the coupling between the tenth wheel and the rest has broken brazing.

They built those things to last, for sure! With pedalboard, it weighs over 465lbs! And it is a major job to get to the tone generators for servicing too.

But the sound simply cannot be beat! I'm looking for a Leslie to mate to it when its restored, then I get to learn how to play it!

I also have a Beringer Eurorack MX2004A mixing board and Alesis ADAT recorder, I'm doing a soundtrack for a promotional video for the novel I'm writing.

Stupid should be painful.
R
I have a Gibson (Epiphone) Les-Paul custom sunburst, an Ibanez Black strat, and three or four different amps. I am using a Crate Mini stack until I get my Marshal half stack.

Anyone else here in a band? I have'nt been in a band for a while but want to try to start a new one.

I play anything from Stevie Ray Vaughan to AC/DC.

Chris

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard