ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
sparky Offline OP
Hi Trumpy smile

Apparently recent legislation here is fueling a lot of biz potential.

Biz-people are considering grow room facilities to sell to the pharmaceutical companies. I'm hearing all manner of stories , but the most intruiging is some process where they take out the THC ,for a drug that makes cancer patients comfortable w/o the high.

While my knowlegde of it all may be no more than old Cheech & Chong movies, some serious entreprenuers are flocking to my state , and are wanting the trades services.

I can recal a similar influx some 20 yrs ago, when my state was the first to acknowledge civil unions , we became flooded with gays overnight , gays that had $$$ looking to gain residence to take advantage of legislation

Did a lot of biz then, could do a lot now

Guess i'm just not proud when i'm hungry

~S~

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
~S~ " I'm hearing all manner of stories , but the most intruiging is some process where they take out the THC ,for a drug that makes cancer patients comfortable w/o the high. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My plumbing contractor friend currently has a job plumbing (mostly floor drains, all legal btw).a warehouse-size extraction facility.
They extract the CBD (totally harmless) from the THC (the psychoative component).
CBD as well as for making cancer patients undergoing treatments comfortable, decrease nausea and to stimulate appetite, is used to treat epilepsy (virtually stops the seizures) and for general pain relief.
So far the company has paid more than $50,000 in various permit fees alone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Surely that should say 400/230V, John? grin"
He's referring to a 400 amp/320amp continuous, residential service @ 120/240V single Ø

S
sparky Offline OP
Thx electure , ~S~

S
sparky Offline OP
I'm obviously going to go thru a learn curve here, wonder if any special permitting is needed?

Guess i'll have to ask....

I can just imagine my ahj's 'you're wiring what?' response
smile
~S~

Last edited by sparky; 08/26/18 12:36 PM. Reason: can't spell
Plenty of permitting is involved with State, County, and City authorities all involved.
Background checks are required for owners etc...... all in all, they spent a year and a half obtaining the preliminary permits required (just to get approval to do what they are doing) before submitting for the building permits.

Electure:

TY for explaining the 400/320! That’s a bad habit I have, thinking everyone knows what I’m talking about
I’m sure the permit process that will be required before the Construction Office permits will take time here. Hey, it’s New Jersey!! I heard the medical dispensery one town over was almost 2 years for State approvals.

John
K
but where are the lights ? I haven't seen any in the picture

F
yeah, I saw nothing yet.

M
We had one major grow op go bust before fully completing their renovations of a few year old former pork packing plant.

I hope that all the trades and suppliers got most of their money before the company announced they would not open.

N
Strange thing if you do things on the up & up, the PoCo rats you out, to avoid getting the excessive power use showing up they illegally connect ahead of the meter, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. this changes a bit since it was sort of"legalized". not a fan of of it since before or after being "legalized" as it is still a unenforced Federal law.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard