ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
richard Offline OP
installed low volt step lights with led driver, controlled by lutron occupancy sensor switch and lights have a flicker. someone suggested I install a cube relay between the line and load of the sensor. has anyone had similar issues?

G
I;m not familiar with your specific units, but if it is a solid state switch in the sensor, probably a triac, and its driving into an invertor type led supply, then problems are to be expected. It's the same as some leds & dimmers are compatible and some are not.
A relay could be an effective, if rather crude, solution.
Alternatively, perhaps a low voltage occupancy sensor ?

G
You could try putting a small incandescent load on the switch and see if that gets it going. These are usually a problem when it is a 2 wire switch (no neutral) and they are driving the electronics through the load.

Greg Fretwell
richard Offline OP
i will try that and let you know if it works. there are 11 step lights in a stairway in a house, with 1 Lutron Maestro Occupancy sensor switch at the top of the stairs, controlling 1 driver, which feeds 5 step lights, and 1 motion switch at the bottom of the stairs controlling 1 driver which feeds 6 step lights(low voltage). each step light has a load of .8 amps each, so the load is small. This maestro switch can only be used at one location with the option of a wireless motion sensor at the second location, but the customer didn't like the bulky look, which is the reason for breaking up the 11 into two sets.

richard Offline OP
so i picked up a LUT-MLC, which is a luttron minimum capacitor. i have not gone back to the customer yet, but will let you know if it worked.

Link Copied to Clipboard