ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 220 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
I am old enough to remember when quiet switches had mercury in them. They were expensive.

Greg Fretwell
Adorne Receptacle

[Linked Image]

M
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Remember the Leviton 'Touch Dimmers' with the silver or gold metalic touch plates, either oval or rectangular??

It wasn't the 'iPad' type touch.

I have a pic in my phone of an Adorne duplex that I took in a new SFD that was done all 'Adorne'...from GFIs to 3 & 4 ways.

I will have to check the next time I am over at the house of one of my friends mother. I think she still has one of those to dim the lights over the bar in the rec room from the 1970's.

M
Maybe its just me, but looking at the picture of the outlet I am reminded of the old bathroom shaver isolation receptacles.

H
I remember those old Mercury switches, and I hope nobody has one now! You might need all sorts of DEP, EPA rules and regs to get rid of them! smile

J
Touchless faucets a pain. We have them in our washrooms and I seem to spend more time waving my hands around trying to get the darn thing on than I do washing. And they all seem to react different so you can't get a pattern.

Last edited by jdevlin; 01/02/14 11:34 AM.
H
I think I still have an old Leviton tough dimmer around. mIf I find it, I will upload a picture.

G
I may still have some old GE "RR" relays around here somewhere but I think they are still being sold.

Greg Fretwell
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I may still have some old GE "RR" relays around here somewhere but I think they are still being sold.

They still use the RR relays in GE's lighting controls today!

The only difference is that the more modern ones have Molex connectors for the LV wires, instead of just the wires.

Broom Pusher and

Remember the Leviton 'Touch Dimmers' with the silver or gold metallic touch plates, either oval or rectangular??

I remember those Devices!!!

Back in Summer of 1990. I installed a bunch of them on a >10K Sq. Ft. Custom House. Every Switch location had these.
There were Single Pole, Three-Way & Four-Way, Dimming &/or On/Off Toggle configurations.

The ones I installed were the Gold Colored "Decorator" (Rectangular) Touch Responsive Plates.

IIRC, there were Two Dimming Types:
Standard (for Incandescent / Tungsten / Quartz Halogen),
and
Fluorescent (for Dimming Rapid Start Mag Ballasts).

Capacities were something like 1.5A Fluorescent / 300W Tungsten (Std. Capacity), 3.0A Fluorescent / 600W Tungsten (Hi Capacity).

Would like to get a few of the "Pop-Out Outlets" Reno mentions in his OP, along with the "Wave Switch" (I have needed this for many years!!! Right at the Door, for when I have my hands filled with Grocery Bags!!!).
Was going to use a PIR Motion Sensor Wall Switch, but the Cats, Dog and Duck will constantly trigger it On!

--Scott (EE)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard