ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by emolatur - 05/18/24 06:12 PM
Electricians revenge
by gfretwell - 05/09/24 08:24 PM
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Greg is right on with the bands and the catering lines.

'Small community' sounds interesting!

John
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

G
If you want to estimate how much power the bands may need, call a few typical bands directly and ask what they expect to see when they arrive at the venue for their keyboards, amplifiers, electronic drumsets, specialized lighting and the rest.
Then consider rounding that requirement upwards and treating it as a continuous load since you never know how long the band will have this stuff switched on for.
Be ready to duplicate this setup wherever the band may be setting up for the event.

Ghost307
One Country Club Clubhouse I did a while back.....Location #1 8x20amp 120 volt circuits; location #2 same.
Gazebo outside in pool area (50'> from water) 8x20 amp, 120 volt circuits; Exterior 'party area' same. Stage in Grill Room had 4x20 amp, 120 volt. ALL were GFI receptacles.

Buffet knee wall had 8x20 amp, 120 volt & 2X30 amp, 208 volt (coffee makers). Patio buffet area had the same set-up. (You learn to keep the chef & his staff happy if you are hungry) All GFI

This is just an example of requested power availability. The various bands actually required about 60% of the power. The food worked out fine.

John
H
You guys talk about design for free, well my former foreman who now works for himself had a story to tell me. It seems a nice lady asked him to lay out a kitchen renovation and a new service. Well as he was going over every little detail, he say how she was writing down everything exactly as he was describing it. You know, 1 outlet here, on 12 ga wire, and 1 outlet there on 12 ga, etc. As he watched her write down every little detail he got suspicious of her. So he decided to have a little test ( or fun) with her, and start telling her the wrong stuff. The kitchen recpt. need to be at least 6' apart, 1 circuit is required, 14 ga wire is enough.

Well he didn't get the job, but a month or 2 later he got a call from the lady. She was mad with him because he gave her the wrong information. She wanted to sue him, but he asked her how can she sue him. He didn't get paid for any design, nor did he get the job. She never called him again. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard