ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 268 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#200625 04/10/11 07:23 PM
Enforcement of the 'Energy Subcode' from the UCC (5:23) should be starting very soon! Two (2) seminars are being offered (ASHRAE & IBC), Comm & resi by DCA for Building and Electrical Inspectors.

ASHRAE (Comm) consisted of Building & Mechanical primarily, with minor 'Electric Power', and a section on Lighting.

Yes, it's prime focus is on design criteria; lighting controls, occupancy sensors, temp/climate control, etc.

John
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Interesting....340 views and not one comment.....

John
G
Some of us are still trying to figure out what our own state's energy codes really mean wink

Greg Fretwell
ResCheck & CommCheck (or equals) required with all plans. More work for the Design Professionals & additional plan review items.

John
OK, now 722 views, and not one comment. Where are the 'Jersey Guys"???

John
Cat Servant
What's there to comment on?

As a news announcement, well, thanks for the notice.

A discussion of the various parts, and the wisdom of the concept? OK- you start.

The big picture? Just wait until a college (public building) hosts the NCAA final (not pre-programmed into the lighting controls), lights the gym using the manual override (limited to two hour max), and the game goes into sudden-death overtime. Then, listen to the cries of joy, as all wait twenty minutes for the HID lights to re-strike.

laugh

V

Well hopefully the lighting will be LED of HO Fluorescent highbays.

It's about time the East tries to catch up to the West on energy codes (pun intended).

Reno:
I may have expected comments like ''what's that" from the 'Jersey Guys', or where's the info.

Yes, I did put it in here as 'news', but....alas, I guess it's not interesting....perhaps I should have put it in the obituaries.

Discussion? Greg made a point of trying to figure it out; frankly after the 5+ hr seminar, I'm still in the same boat.

Your scenario of an event would be out of my realm.

John
V
Originally Posted by HotLine1
Discussion? Greg made a point of trying to figure it out; frankly after the 5+ hr seminar, I'm still in the same boat.

During the early days of the Calif energy codes (Title 24) there was a lot of confusion, so much so that many engineers were hiring out the work related to Title 24 and filling out the forms.

Now it's SOP and is part of all projects from inception to completion. I haven't been involved in a project using incandescent fixtures (luminaires for you lightingomos) in at least 10 years and intelligent lighting control systems are mandatory even for exterior lighting.

Yes, NJ has been back in the stone age compared to CA, and other states. And, like any new code or standard, it will take some time for everyone to get on the same pages.

The Wal Mart & Sam's Club that are recent new construction (1-1/2 yr & <6 months) have daylight sensors, skylights, energy mgt; all before this code adoption. A lot of warehouse bldgs are converting from MH to T-8 HiBays w/motion sensors. Street Lighting was recently replaced with Induction fixtures from MH & HPS.

The chain convenience stores are switching to interior LED lighting, and have already completed exterior LED retrofits.

We may be behind......but we're moving along!

John
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard