In my opinion home depot and lowes should not be allowed to sell main panel and sub panels and for that matter breakers to anyone who does not have a license, period!!!
well a friend called me about his dryer, it had no heat so i went over and found out that his buddy had put a new panel in for him.after a couple of hours of straightening out everything i looked at the dryer problem.he He had the double breaker on the same phase.I mostly use cutler hammer or square D but this one was a fpe. Cutler hammer stagger their phases and so does square D but FPE doesnt they group them in twos.So never start with a double on FPE.
Yikes! Looks as if they just changed the color of the breakers. It wasn't the "stab" part that caused FPE breakers to be so dangerous. It was the fact that they wouldn't trip!
I seem to recall that their skinny two-pole breakers couldn't occupy a space on the same leg. It has been a while since I've encountered an FPE panel around here so I can't speak with certainty.