ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#19592 12/30/02 09:21 PM
S
Harold,

Well put.

This is the first forum that I have ever joined. I have just recently joined one for salt water aquariums. While the knowledege is there on the other forum, the sense of fun is not.

I have enjoyed learning many new things, sharing any knowledge (little) that I have and also having in general a good time.

I can thank all or you, and Joe T., for the enjoyment.

Scott

#19593 12/30/02 09:43 PM
Harold:
Eloquent(?) and very well stated.
I fell into this forum by accident on night.
and have been coming back every chance I get. It's nice to "talk" to a bunch of people, any "smart asxxx" around. I try to reply with my opinions to anyone who raeds it, and have had a few e-mail conversations with individuals. I met you here, we conversed, shared info, etc. I bust WV66 (Virgils) chops, & BTW, I think that he is an excellent craftsman, and would be a good AHJ.

I like what I do for a living (EC & AHJ), and have "sparks" in my blood. I like to share opinions with others in the trade, and I APPRECIATE the answers that I get to my posts.

This is s great site with great members.

Harold, the Fedex guy is returning your soap box.
John

John
#19594 12/30/02 11:19 PM
H
Oh GEE, shucks! Thanks Guys. I just had to say it. I was on another board last night and they were all flaming one another. So I left there to come back here where things are more peaceful. P.S. John, my wife works for UPS. [Linked Image] I will let them deleiver the soap box.

#19595 12/31/02 08:20 AM
Joe,
Yes we remember the banished. (Especially the handyman from Pennsylvania).
My mere posting of the first 3 letters of his screen name brought an immediate response from a long time member a few weeks ago (when another "arsonist" was getting his just reward)
I must disagree on one point though. I wouldn't challenge them to try and flame us...I'd just rather they STAY AWAY!...S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 12-31-2002).]

#19596 12/31/02 10:23 AM
AMEN!

Bill
#19597 12/31/02 12:26 PM
W
May I add my "AMEN" to Harold's fine message. I have been coming here for over a year, and have learned a lot. I'm not a contractor, but some of the questions and answers from this board help me make decisions in my engineering job. These are a bunch of good people on this board. i also visit othe boards, and on some there are so many flames, I just leave. Someone has already said there are many ways to "skin a cat" (I know you cat lovers will have fun with that one).
Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

#19598 12/31/02 02:54 PM
C
Yup,
This site is responsive and productive.
Amen to the moderated atmosphere we have here.
The answers, knowledge and wisdom I get here
is priceless.

Happy and Prosperous New Year everybody!

#19599 01/01/03 12:08 PM
P
Yep, it's a nice atmosphere in here. We have people from various branches and sub-branches of the trade, each with his (or her) own particular areas of expertise, and it's nice that those working in one branch don't seem to look down their noses at those from other branches who don't have quite the same degree of insight into a particular problem.

Helping each other out is what it's all about!

#19600 01/01/03 01:32 PM
A
AMP Offline
I would like to say something about this board.
I have only been a member for a couple of weeks. I am a newbie to this board and I am somewhat a newbie to electrical work. I have asked questions that have probably been asked thousands of times and I always get a pleasant response from the veterans.

No one ever says "Amp, we've answered that question numerous times. You need to read thru the old posts for your answer".

They also never say "Amp, that is the stupidest question I have ever heard".

I really enjoy coming to this board. The members here are always willing to share experiences and expertise. I know that when I post a question, someone will give me an answer....not an attitude.

Everyone here is willing to help newbies and I really appreciate that.

So on that note, I would like to thank the people who created this board and those who are members. After all, a board is only as good as it's members and this one is the best I have seen.

Thank you all [Linked Image]

#19601 01/01/03 05:55 PM
Amp:
First, let me join in welcoming you to ECN.
Now, remember that no question is "a stupid question", and the only dumb question is the one that wasn't asked.
This is a great place, and Harold said it all most eloquently (?spelling)
I reread my first reply on this thread, and it needs a re-write for spelling and grammar.
Best part is, no one made any comments on the boo boo's.
John

John
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard