ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by homerjones
Out working if you were too, you wouldn't have time to be asking such foolish questions.

Homer,
I don't think that that is a very nice comment.
Like the rest of us, John (Hotline) is out there, doing the hard yards.
With the way the world economy is, everyone is scratching for their piece of the pie.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a flame war here, but I wonder why you would say such a thing?
{Without punctuation as well, compare my edit to your original post}

Trumpy:
Thanks for the words, I thought about a rebuttal when I saw that,....but left it at only a thought.

That said, it's great that a lot of us are kinda busy workwise.

John
L
I would venture to say there are multiple reasons why its quiet here.
1) the natural cycle of things when it comes to forums
2) the server issues and chat room problems
3) summer in the US

I know I have been lacking lately here myself. Warmer weather always slows down my internet usage. Been fine tuning the motorcycle and riding every chance I get.

Doing the yard work and house hold stuff during the week so weekends are open to ride with the clubs(s) I'm in.

Still working over here, (albeit with 2 paycuts) but the oilfields are still pumping, and we just finished replacing one of the co-gen boilers with an "ultra low NOx" boiler for stricter air quality specs.. (We'll do another one in November) PXP is planning on developing a field we we're supposed to do a year ago again, so work is fairly steady here.

Public employees are still on the chopping block in a major way here in Cali though. The blindsided over here think placing "fee's" (the PC word for new taxes nowadays) on everything is going to solve a $20B+ deficit, when it's really just pushing everyone to move operations out of the state.

I've been quiet since I started high school really. Having just gotten a job doesn't help. Nor does the picture forums not being as active as they used to be. See you all around.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
Busy as that cat they talk about. You know...the one that tries to bury turds on a frozen pond.

Broom Pusher and
Have been bouncing in every few days, whenever I hop on the Firefox.

Work for me is rapidly approaching the "Mythical Jackalope Level"; meaning that I keep hearing about work, but have yet to see it!
bash rolleyes

It's not quite that bad... I have performed EE / Design / CAD work on Eight Industrial Projects since the beginning of 2010.
They are small in comparison to the Projects in preceeding years. 10,000 to 30,000 square foot Building Footprint, compared to the 70,000 - 400,000 square foot projects prior to 01-01-2010.

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
I
Been workin graveyard shift and busy as a blue @$$ tick. Still lurk when I can.

F
I been busy working in France with irreguar hours so far and dealt with couple issue with computer.

but things start to slow down little bit but it will pick up afterwhile.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

N
I am sory that I have not had the chance to stop in very often. Ever since I went to work in the mining industry I have been so busy I can't see straight. Life is good in Washington state for me and mine. I started out as the electrical foreman, moved to Electrical and fixed Maintenance Forman, and am now the Maintenance coordinator. Life in the mines are different than construction, and that may have a small berring on how often I check in. For the young ones out there though, use this site well as there is more knowledge here than you may find anywhere.

Jon Niemeyer
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard