ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
mxslick Offline OP
Thanks sixer..here's hoping both of us get over this fast..I do feel somewhat better overall, but every time my leg twitches I get scared.. doc said that will happen.

I have noticed that my blood pressure has also come back down since the warfarin was stopped. At least one good sign.. smile

I'm on the "aspirin regimen" to help keep my risk down.

Stupid should be painful.
mxslick Offline OP
Well folks, sad to have to post this, but I just got back from a full week in the hospital.

The clots in my leg and lungs returned with a vengance and I had to go back on warfarin.

It took a full week on heparin at the hospital to bring my INR (A measure of clotting) back into a safe range, as my body had evidently developed antibodies to the warfarin.

The good news from this time around is that not only did I not have any clots travel this time, but an echocardiogram revealed that my heart is 100% healthy.

I will have to continue warfarin for the rest of my life, and I'll have to learn to just deal with the side effects, which are minor compared to the alternative.

So pay attention to your health folks, and please see my post on page one with signs of possible clots and get yourself checked out if you have any symptoms!! If caught early, in some cases no hospitalization (or only a day or two) is needed to start treatment.

S
chin up mxslick, and if you've the time, take it to educate yourself to your dilema. the best advocate for you is you within our health care system as it stands today

~S~

mxslick Offline OP
Wanted to again say thanks to everyone here for all your kind words and thoughts and also give a bit of an update.

The clot situation is under control, but this past October I was having chest pains and tightness, docs found an irregular EKG reading and sent me to the ER (by ambulance, wouldn't let me drive there.) Of course by the time I got to the ER the EKG had become "normal" again. A regular treadmill test found the irregularity under stress, but it went away at rest. They then did the nuclear stress tests (treadmill and at-rest using a radioactive tracer and scan with flouroscope) which found no blockages or other issues with my heart. They now think that the EKG is a congenital defect that was found only because I am under such close attention, but I am now also on the "aspirin regimen" and carry nitroglycerine as precautions.

A lot of the issues seem to stem from stress and anxiety caused by the initial round of clotting as I had never even needed to see a doctor for anything in the prior 15 years or so.

I am trying to take things with less stress and try to move on.

I haven't ridden my bike in well over a year for various reasons...even my doctor says she wants me to get out and ride. smile

W
mx
Sounds like you have it under control, and we sure hope so. Prayers sent buddy. Take care and don't in the words of the Eagles "Take it to the limit" the first time out.

Mx:
Sounds like the situation is controlled! Been there, done that, and still taking meds every day!

Stress is def not a 'helper' that you need.

Take care & stay safe

John
S
A lot of the issues seem to stem from stress and anxiety

sure do, take off a sunny afternoon and take a long ride MX, the world can just plain wait.....~S~

mxslick Offline OP
Originally Posted by sparky
A lot of the issues seem to stem from stress and anxiety

sure do, take off a sunny afternoon and take a long ride MX, the world can just plain wait.....~S~

Another update for y'all:

After not riding for a bit over two years, my doctor finally ordered me to go out and ride before I killed myself from stress! (This was at a checkup appt. on Jan. 20th.)

So on Jan 28th, for my 48th b-day, I hit the track for a day of riding which has been a huge help. I have since ridden several times and feel quite a bit better. I am trying to ride at least weekly when work, money and weather permit it.

I still need to lose about 10-12 lbs as I have gained weight in all the off time.

My leg still acts up, especially with weather changes and I had a minor get-off on one ride and bruised it pretty good.

Yet again I want to thank everyone for all the kind words over the years!! Hard to believe it's coming on 4 years since my first episode.

J
Tony,
It's nice to hear that you're able to get back into a sport that you love so much! I'm hoping to check out a dropzone about 60 miles away in WI. tomorrow. I need to lose a whole lot more #s than you do though.
Joe

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard