Wanted to again say thanks to everyone here for all your kind words and thoughts and also give a bit of an update.

The clot situation is under control, but this past October I was having chest pains and tightness, docs found an irregular EKG reading and sent me to the ER (by ambulance, wouldn't let me drive there.) Of course by the time I got to the ER the EKG had become "normal" again. A regular treadmill test found the irregularity under stress, but it went away at rest. They then did the nuclear stress tests (treadmill and at-rest using a radioactive tracer and scan with flouroscope) which found no blockages or other issues with my heart. They now think that the EKG is a congenital defect that was found only because I am under such close attention, but I am now also on the "aspirin regimen" and carry nitroglycerine as precautions.

A lot of the issues seem to stem from stress and anxiety caused by the initial round of clotting as I had never even needed to see a doctor for anything in the prior 15 years or so.

I am trying to take things with less stress and try to move on.

I haven't ridden my bike in well over a year for various reasons...even my doctor says she wants me to get out and ride. smile

Stupid should be painful.