ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 216 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
I have a new pair of class 1 gloves. Last week someone gave me a pair of used class 2 gloves in a canvas bag that they got from the local utility. They are a couple of years old. Where do I go to get them tested or do I just need to replace the rubber inners?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
M
Talk to your utility they should be able to tell you where they take them if they don't do it internally. If its done in house they may even be willing to run them through their test program for a price.

I have heard that our local utility will take outside orders to run gloves through their safty test lab. No idea of what they charge to do it though.

G
One little tip, if you don't like the white rubber talc for the gloves, try some industrial latex gloves (look like the ones the doctor uses but not sterile)...I have a box in black and one in blue.

Also, be careful what you clean your gloves with, some things will make the rubber brittle and crack easily.

Check your gloves by rolling them up like Trumpy said, if youput the talc in first, you can see the smaller holes on the dark of the glove even easier.

Our company requires us to complete a form that states we checked our gloves everyday and lists the gloves by serial number.

My mind just went blank about the 70E requirement for testing, but I know we change gloves every six months and send them in for testing.

Sometimes not getting what you want can be an incredible stroke of luck.
Y
High Voltage Gloves are required to be Lab. tested every six months.

Yoopersup

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard