ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 392 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Obsaleet #185586 03/19/09 05:56 PM
S
yeah, the scammers are definitely having their day Ob, you know they feel you out to see just how hungry you might be before posing a 'deal' too....

~S~

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
sparky #185592 03/19/09 08:18 PM
Amazing the info we find out at the supply counter! And, also from any association meetings we may attend, or inspectors we may 'talk' to.

John
HotLine1 #185594 03/19/09 09:19 PM
S
especially in a smaller pond such as i live in HotOne, flim flamism just has no place to hide.....~S~

sparky #185948 04/07/09 04:36 PM
T
Meredith Whitney states that the banks are going to cut credit card limits by 55% in the months ahead.

This means two things for us: we're prime candidates to lose credit access, perhaps altogether -- and our customers may find themselves going over limit much more often.

BTW, the banks are hitting card users with draconian fees and rates upon the slightest 'infraction.' For example, one guy had his 6% rate bumped up to 36% because he was two days late! Further, most banks have boiler plate in their terms that allows them to jump up their rates if you trip up your credit at a DIFFERENT bank!

BTW, the credit card industry is seeing record charge-offs and unemployment is still rising at a rate of 750,000 per month!

Consequently it is to be expected that our vendors will be pulling in their horns. If you want your supplier to stay alive it may be necessary to pay them even quicker -- and get better pricing for yourself.

Tesla
Tesla #185956 04/07/09 09:17 PM
Cat Servant
They say figures don't lie - but liars can figure.

While "the world" muddled along in the "Great Depression," someone forgot to tell the Finns; Finland was pretty much unaffected by the mess.

Likewise, it the economic disaster of the 1980's Detroit, somone forgot to tell Helmac - who couldn't make their sticky-tape lint removers fast enough.

Speaking of the 'here' and the 'now,' both Nevada mines and Alberta oil fields are simply booming.

As my cats tell me, life can't be all mice and moonshine!

S
methinks i'd make a good cat Reno, i get by on very little , being a reclusive iconoclast does have certian advantages.

imho, people don't understand, or have a hard time understanding the ideology less is more

hey, yanno what my driveway (800 odd feet of mud) sign reads?

It reads 'PARADISE' in 4" letters carved into a piece of maple wood

now before i'm dismissed as wearing rose colored glasses, let me just say i've invested years into understanding social/economic/politicals

i won't bore this forum with what it really isn't here for but to say

..... paradise is what one makes it....

~S~

sparky #185963 04/08/09 09:48 AM
True words....Sparky

A good day is one where my eyes open.

Problems are what you make of them

John
HotLine1 #186388 05/10/09 12:00 AM
T
Meredith Whitney knows what she's talking about.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2009/05/credit-card-lending-goes-full-cycle.html

This guy, Scott, was denied a credit card before the bank even sought his credit report. He lives in the bubbleated zone: Tampa.

The only bright spot that I'm seeing is energy savings -- particularly if they can qualify for the Federal 30% tax credit.

BTW, that credit can be carried into the next year. It also can be used for those filing Alternate Minimum Income Tax.

It also has no upper bound.

It applies to commercial as well as residential.

Tesla
Tesla #186391 05/10/09 08:24 AM
S
well if i had the scratch, i'd be buying pallets of romex now.

why? well we're going to inflate here, all the major economic commentators for the NYT and WSJ, etc are saying it

the flip side of inflating is devaluation. so part of the silver lining here is any debt one might have is lessened via inflation

wierd, i know, but it's actually a good time to be in debt

the thing is, China (our biggest international debtee) is asking the IMF (international Monetary Fund) to consider SDR's (special drawing rights) to take the place of the US dollar because they know this

i.e.~if the US dollar is no longer the benchmark in a global fiat, we'll not be able to have an inflationary cycle (see the former Argentinian model) altering those outstanding debts

so that gets me back to those rare earths, like romex.....

Notice all the buzz over that lately?

Maybe we should bury some NM-B in my backyard, and offer up some deals in 2010?

just sayin'....

~S~

sparky #186397 05/10/09 02:31 PM
G
That is an interesting proposition. I wonder what you could negotiate on a truck load of RX. Part of the problem is where you would store it.

Greg Fretwell
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard