ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#18256 12/07/02 12:52 PM
F
How involved do you guys get with energy efficient lighting designs? Considering how many Design/Build Jobs are out on the street you must make a lot of decisions with regard to product selection. How well does energy efficiency work for you as a sales tool?

Do you plug in to any rebates offered by Utility Companies or State Agencies to help you and your customers?

#18257 12/07/02 01:59 PM
J
Fredmeister
over here in england we are required, on new build commercial/industrial and refurbishment works, on lighting and electrical works to ensure that 80% of new lighting is energy efficient and complies with lighting directives.

You can get most of the information you wouyld need from the lamp manufacturer and the light fitting manufacturer,

allmost all fitting makers will help, either with a design package or even sending out a lighting engineer to work out watt you need and were, and usually its free, as they want your business,

talk to your supply house and see what they say.

also, do you have anyhting within the NEC regarding this, (i cant check myself as i havent got a copy, yet),

John H

Link Copied to Clipboard