ECN Forum
Posted By: Fredmeister Energy Conservation - 12/07/02 04:52 PM
How involved do you guys get with energy efficient lighting designs? Considering how many Design/Build Jobs are out on the street you must make a lot of decisions with regard to product selection. How well does energy efficiency work for you as a sales tool?

Do you plug in to any rebates offered by Utility Companies or State Agencies to help you and your customers?
Posted By: j a harrison Re: Energy Conservation - 12/07/02 05:59 PM
Fredmeister
over here in england we are required, on new build commercial/industrial and refurbishment works, on lighting and electrical works to ensure that 80% of new lighting is energy efficient and complies with lighting directives.

You can get most of the information you wouyld need from the lamp manufacturer and the light fitting manufacturer,

allmost all fitting makers will help, either with a design package or even sending out a lighting engineer to work out watt you need and were, and usually its free, as they want your business,

talk to your supply house and see what they say.

also, do you have anyhting within the NEC regarding this, (i cant check myself as i havent got a copy, yet),

John H
© ECN Electrical Forums