ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 539 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
It's the opposite here. It's still hovering in the low $3.80's where I live in Central Virginia but in Northern Virginia where my office is, it's running about $4.15 on average.

I've even started seeing gas stations go out of business around here. One BP/Amoco that closed down a few months ago was rumored to have been because the owners could not afford to replace all of their pumps. The were not designed to go above $3.99. Now that's pretty sad.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
W
oops
Shows what I know, Oil hit close to 140 today and the dollar tanked. I;ll bet prices jump 10 cents on monday

Regular 87 octane's at $4.03 at the three stations up the road from here. Diesel's about $5.00, and my school district just got their fuel contract locked in at $5.29/gallon.

It's just over 3ยข higher at this "famous" intersection's two remaining stations. I know all of my teachers are either carpooling or riding their bikes in to school.

Ian A.

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
R
I filled up last night and it was $1.28 a Litre because rumor had it the price was going to jump between 6 and 10 cents overnight,... I havent ventured out yet but I will be sure to post what it is in my area later on tonight.. Maybe riding a bike to work isnt such a bad idea!

A.D

M
ON Friday, June 6, 2008 the price of crude oil jumped over $11 US dollars per barrel. In one day. I remember looking at pictures of German citizens pushing wheelbarrows of German Marks to the market to purchase a loaf of bread shortly after world war one. We are not so far away from that at this pace. Drill Now.

P
The Gas Buddy website maintains lists of the cheapest reported gas prices in a particular area, along with maps of average prices by state/province & county:

http://www.gasbuddy.com

Over here, the AA website tracks British prices, and has monthly reports with prices by region, along with a comparison with other European countries:

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/

W
A former Maine Governor predicted that Maine wouldn't be liveable if oil reaches 200/ barrel. I agree with him, the Northeast primarily heat their homes with oil. 2 years ago I was buying oil for 2.30. Right now the price is 4.40, you can lock a prices at over 5 right now. People are going to freeze or starve.

P
Okay, I complain about the price of fuel like anybody else here in the states. But try and keep thing in perspective. I went to Qatar (2006), gas was about .27 cents per gallon (USD). I was in Ireland last summer and gas was about $7 - 8.00 (USD) a gallon. Gas prices do suck here, but it's worse for people in other areas (like Sierra Leone..)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_usage_and_pricing#Average_gasoline_prices_around_the_world

M
so, just because others have it worse, we should be content?

W
Not to be content, just to be ready to face 10$ per gallon in the near future. Here a 70% bump of natural gas for heating is expected for the coming autumn.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard