ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 422 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
As an afterthought, iron, nickel, arsenic, cobalt and zinc dissolve as sulphates, while the platinum metals, with selenium, tellurium, lead, bismuth, tin and antimony deposit in the anode slime with the gold and silver. So on the face of it, copper scrap can be reprocessed to produce electrical quality copper.

Last edited by Alan Belson; 04/24/07 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling error

Wood work but can't!
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

R
That name is just a marketting hype AFAIC.
As already said Overpriced speaker cables. waste of money.

Just use normal Cu flex cable, even TPS will do.
I use 4 mm² TPS on my stereo system which works fine.

Ok i have no oxygen coated ears either laugh

A multi stranded conductor is probably better than a 7 stranded conductor, because on higher frequencies the skin effect becomes more paramount.
As long Copper is used i can't see any difference here.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
J

The lesson is in the struggle, not the victory.
T
twh Offline
Originally Posted by http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc_ch.pl?charity&1109596809&view
After about 150 hours of break in, you ears will thank you.

What happens after 150 hours?

twh #178418 05/30/08 12:50 AM
J
You have to give it break in time for the molecules in the contacts to become properly aligned for superb power flow to the equipment.

The lesson is in the struggle, not the victory.
H
Deep cryo my butt! What do you want to bet none of that stuff ever sees anything lower than room temperature. You think those weasels are going to spend money for liquid nitrogen and containers? Who would ever know the difference?

-Hal

E
Yep, these are likely the same people who have managed to convince the world that CAT5e cable is going to make phone conversations sound better on a standard (POTS) phone line. I challenge anyone on this planet to prove this.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
B
If the other cable is "quad" and there are two lines involved, I have no doubt that Cat5E would sound better by preventing crosstalk.

But then so would Cat3 or, hell, AT&T DIW.

M
Lets see the Audio phile has probably lost some of their hearing just like most adults. Audiophiles will spend $3000 to $5000 for a power distribution panel that is a standard home service panel from Europe with the neutral and ground buss made from a big block of copper and gold plated. Even at retail you could purchase the panel and plate the bus with gold for less than $1000. They spend $300 for hdmi cables made by Monster for digital signals. They buy analogue records, made from digital masters because they sound purer yet completely avoid the same recording if offered at the same quality as the Digital master. Even if they have equipment that samples at the same level as those analogue records made from digital.
Don't even get me going on $5000 cd players. I stopped being and Audiophile after my 3rd or forth rock concert or maybe it was the construction. I know I can't hear 20 to 20khz any more and there are a few frequencies in the middle I don't hear too well any more.
BTW I love buying that real nice loom for auto wiring and covering my $20 HDMI cables and calling them Monster killers ;-)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard