ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I've pulled off many miracles in my time, usually one after another such that they actually become expected of me now.

I owe my supplier $1200
I owe my helper $300
I owe child support $300 + another $300 is late.
I owe the phone company $250

All of this must be paid by Friday.

I have less than $100 to my name, and I'm spread out so thin on my jobs, that I can't possibly get any one of them finished to get paid by then.

So, I guess what all this means is: If you don't see me on ECN for a while, it's because my phone has been cut off, but I'll eventually be back. Don't want anyone to think that they made me mad or something.

Even if I became a doctor or a lawyer, I'd still figure out a way to remain in poverty level!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
M
mj Offline
been there,done that,....hang in there sparky, it will all work out.

E
Yikes!

R
Good Luck, wish I could help.

W
Good luck sparky66. I've been in your situation myself. Seems like it's when I tried to please everyone is when it hurt me the worst.

P
Been in a similar situation myself Virgil. Hang in there; things will get better.

R
It seems that we all live at or above our means.

wether you make $6/hr or $60/hr, we all find ways of spending it as fast as we make it.

Wether your late on the payments of your pinto or Pousche your still late.

$ 500.00 mortgage on a trailer or $ 5000.00 per month on a Malabu.ca estate...

It seems that everyone has one of each;
phone bill
mortgage
car payment
insurance
Child support.

GOD BLESS WORKING FOR A LIVING.!!!!!

[This message has been edited by RandyO (edited 12-03-2002).]

T
Ya gotta raise your rates man...Just kidding.I(we)have all been there.I'm praying for you and know you'll pull through.

Donnie
L
Keep your head up and your smile on 66.
Hard work and determination have saved me many times,you'll make it through this.

M
Virgil,

Don't worry. It will all come together.

I've been in far worse shape than that. It seemed like just when the world was about to end I got paid from something and it allowed me to go on.

I'm sure that if you talked to your suplier they would help you out. Just lay your cards on the table, be honest and pay them when you say you will. If you have been a good and loyal customer they should work with you.

Another thing that you might want to try is a credit line with a bank. You might be able to use your signed contract(s) as collateral.

The bank would give you the money you need and when you get paid your customer would write a two party check (to you and the bank). The bank would take thier money first and give you the rest.

Or you could try a demand note from your bank. A small loan that would have to be paid back within 30, 60 or 90 days. Depending on your needs. If you know the bank and they know you, you may not need any collateral.

Anyway, even when you do get through this, and you will, you shouldn't be using YOUR money to finance jobs. Your a contractor not a bank! And don't be afraid to let your customers know this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard